Annual Reporting & Filing
In general, exempt organizations are required to file annual returns, although there are exceptions. If an organization does not file a required return or files late, the IRS may assess penalties. In addition, if an organization does not file as required for three consecutive years, it automatically loses its tax-exempt status.
- 990-series forms and schedules
- Filing thresholds - which 990-series return to file
- Table of due dates for exempt organizations annual returns
- Which form should I use?
- Annual electronic notice (e-Postcard) for small exempt organizations
- Filing tips
- How do I complete Form 990? (video)
- Form 990 Resources and Tools
- Annual Reporting Requirements FAQs
- Electronically Submit Your Form 8976, Notice of Intent to Operate Under Section 501(c)(4)