Like - Click this link to Add this page to your bookmarks Share - Click this link to Share this page through email or social media Print - Click this link to Print this page
Frequently Asked Questions: Form 1023
General Information - Part I
- Can you modify the fillable portion of the Form 1023 electronic file so we can add the phrase "see attachment"?
Organizational Structure and Organizing Documents
Narrative of Activities
Compensation and Other Financial Arrangements with Officers, Directors, Trustees, Employees, and Independent Contractors
- Why does Form 1023 request detailed information about compensation and other financial arrangements with officers, directors, trustees, employees, and independent contractors?
- What information must be submitted about compensation of key individuals?
Members and Individuals/Organizations that Receive Benefits
- Why does Form 1023 request detailed information about an organization's members and other individuals and organizations that receive benefits from it?
- What information must be submitted about benefits to members and other individuals/organizations that receive benefits from an organization?
Public Charity Status
Signature Block and User Fee Information
- Exempt organizations forms and instructions - get a copy of an application form
- On-Line Minicourse, Applying for Tax Exemption
- Frequently asked questions about Form 1023
- Publication 4220, Applying for 501(c)(3) Tax-Exempt Status
- Publication 557, Tax-Exempt Status for Your Organization
- Publication 4573, Group Exemptions
- Publication 1635, Understanding Your EIN
- Application for Recognition of Exemption (501(c)(3))
- Application for Recognition of Exemption (non-501(c)(3))
- Application Process: A step-by-step review of what an organization needs to know and to do in order to apply for recognition by the IRS of tax-exempt status.
Page Last Reviewed or Updated: 07-Feb-2017