Like - Click this link to Add this page to your bookmarks Share - Click this link to Share this page through email or social media Print - Click this link to Print this page
Applying for Tax Exempt Status
Once you have followed the steps outlined on this page, you will need to determine what type of tax-exempt status you want.
- Publication 4220, Applying for 501(c)(3) Status
- Publication 557, Tax-Exempt Status for Your Organization
- Group exemptions
- FAQs - Applying for tax exemption
- FAQs - Form 1023
- Top ten tips to shorten the tax-exempt application process
- Sample application questions
- Can the IRS expedite my application?
- Power of attorney - appointing someone to represent you
- Life cycle of an exempt organization
- Federal tax obligations of non-profit corporations
Page Last Reviewed or Updated: 15-Jul-2016