Information For...

For you and your family
Standard mileage and other information

Forms and Instructions

Single and Joint Filers With No Dependents
Request for Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) and Certification
Application for Automatic Extension of Time
Miscellaneous Income


Individual Tax Return
Employee's Withholding Allowance Certificate
Employer's Quarterly Federal Tax Return
Request for Transcript of Tax Return

Popular For Tax Pros

Amend/Fix Return
Apply for Power of Attorney
Apply for an ITIN
Rules Governing Practice before IRS

Qualified Fuel Cell Motor Vehicle Credit at a Glance

You may be eligible for a credit under Section 30B(b), if you purchase a fuel cell motor vehicle that is propelled by power that is derived from one or more cells that convert chemical energy directly into electricity. You must purchase the vehicle before January 1, 2017 and begin driving it in the year in which you claim the credit. The base credit is $4,000 for a fuel cell motor vehicle weighing up to 8,500 pounds and $10,000 - $40,000 for heavier vehicles.

You may also be eligible for a credit for a fuel cell passenger automobile or light truck. The amount of this credit is based on a comparison of the city fuel economy rating of that vehicle with the 2002 model year city fuel economy of a vehicle in its weight class.

More Information

Form 8910, Alternative Motor Vehicle Credit (PDF)

Related Forms

Form 8910, Alternative Motor Vehicle Credit (PDF)