Modernized e-File (MeF) provides electronic filing and payment options for filers of Corporation, Employment Tax, Estates and Trusts, Excise Tax, Exempt Organization, Individual, and Partnership Tax Returns.
The MeF Overview Page includes information regarding the MeF Program:
- Approval of tax preparation software
- Communication between IRS and Transmitters during the e-file process
- Design history
- Processing of returns
- Security during transmission
Filing information for a specific return type is provided by selecting from the following links:
- Corporations Required to e-File - This page provides information for Corporations who are required to e-file.
- E-file for Large Business and International - This page provides general information about e-file for Large and Mid-Size Corporations.
Employment Tax Returns
Estates and Trusts
Form 7004 Extensions
- Partnerships - This page includes known e-file issues and solutions for each tax year for Partnership Returns.
- General Information - This page includes links to MeF Publications and Partnership Schemas.