Free File Fillable Forms is scheduled to open January 2020. We will post an exact date and time when it is known.
The program operates every year from mid to late January until mid-October.
From October 16 through October 20, taxpayers could access their account, resubmit rejected returns and print returns. October 20, 2019 was the last day taxpayers could access their accounts for tax year 2018 returns.
After October 20, 2019:
- Every account is erased from the server
- It is not possible to access your return or return information
- It is not possible to print your return
- We cannot assist you in recovering any of your tax return information.
Information and links that may assist you when the program is closed:
- If you weren't able to e-file your return but printed a copy, mail it in
- Get a transcript of your accepted federal return data with Get Transcript
- If you do not have a copy to mail, you'll need to prepare another return
- For other filing options, view the Online Individuals page
- Get up-to-date refund information with Where's My Refund
- Pay your balance or make estimated tax payments with Direct Pay
The Free File Fillable Forms program welcomes your comments.
Once the program opens in 2020, go to the IRS Free File Page and click on the Start Button for Free File Fillable Forms.