Use Form 4797 to report:
- The sale or exchange of property.
- The involuntary conversion of property and capital assets.
- The disposition of noncapital assets.
- The disposition of capital assets not reported on Schedule D.
- The gain or loss for partners and S corporation shareholders from certain section 179 property dispositions by
partnerships and S corporations.
- The computation of recapture amounts under sections 179 and 280F(b)(2) when the business use of section 179 or listed property decreases to 50% or less.
- Gains or losses treated as ordinary gains or losses, if you are a trader in securities or commodities and made a mark-to-market election under Internal Revenue Code section 475(f).
None at this time.
Other Items You May Find Useful
About Form 706, United States Estate (and Generation-Skipping Transfer) Tax Return
About Form 4255, Recapture of Investment Credit
About Form 4684, Casualties and Thefts
About Form 6198, At-Risk Limitations
Comments on Form 4797
Use the Comment on Tax Forms and Publications web form to provide feedback on the content of this product. Although we cannot respond individually to each comment, we do appreciate your feedback and will consider all comments submitted.
CAUTION: We cannot respond to tax-related questions submitted using this page. Instead, please see our Tax Law Questions.