About Form 6781, Gains and Losses From Section 1256 Contracts and Straddles

Use Form 6781 to report: 

  • Any gain or loss on section 1256 contracts under the mark-to-market rules. 
  • Gains and losses under section 1092 from straddle positions.

Current Products

Recent Developments

None at this time.

Other Items You May Find Useful

Comment on Form 6781

Use the Comment on Tax Forms and Publications web form to provide feedback on the content of this product. Although we cannot respond individually to each comment, we do appreciate your feedback and will consider all comments submitted.

CAUTION: We cannot respond to tax-related questions submitted using this page. Instead, please see our Tax Law Questions.