Information For...

For you and your family
Standard mileage and other information

Forms and Instructions

Individual Tax Return
Request for Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) and Certification
Single and Joint Filers With No Dependents
Employee's Withholding Allowance Certificate


Request for Transcript of Tax Returns
Employer's Quarterly Federal Tax Return
Installment Agreement Request
Wage and Tax Statement

Popular For Tax Pros

Amend/Fix Return
Apply for Power of Attorney
Apply for an ITIN
Rules Governing Practice before IRS

About Form 8865, Return of U.S. Persons With Respect to Certain Foreign Partnerships

A U.S. person files this form to report the information required under:

  • section 6038 (reporting with respect to controlled foreign partnerships),
  • section 6038B (reporting of transfers to foreign partnerships), or
  • section 6046A (reporting of acquisitions, dispositions, and changes in foreign partnership interests).

Current Products

Recent Developments


Other Items You May Find Useful

All Form 8865 Revisions

Publication 542, Corporations

Schedule K-1 (Form 8865), Partner’s Share of Income, Deductions,Credits, etc.

Schedule O (Form 8865), Transfer of Property to a Foreign Partnership (under section 6038B)

Schedule P (Form 8865), Acquisitions, Dispositions, and Changes of Interests in a Foreign Partnership (under section 6046A)

Other Current Products

Comment on Form 8865

Use the Comment on Tax Forms and Publications web form to provide feedback on the content of this product. Although we cannot respond individually to each comment, we do appreciate your feedback and will consider all comments submitted.

CAUTION: We cannot respond to tax-related questions submitted using this page. Instead, please see our Tax Law Questions page.