A U.S. person files this form to report the information required under:
- section 6038 (reporting with respect to controlled foreign partnerships),
- section 6038B (reporting of transfers to foreign partnerships), or
- section 6046A (reporting of acquisitions, dispositions, and changes in foreign partnership interests).
None at this time.
Other Items You May Find Useful
Form 8838-P, Consent To Extend the Time To Assess Tax Pursuant to the Gain Deferral Method (Section 721(c))
Publication 542, Corporations
Schedule K-1 (Form 8865), Partner’s Share of Income, Deductions,Credits, etc.
Schedule O (Form 8865), Transfer of Property to a Foreign Partnership (under section 6038B)
Schedule P (Form 8865), Acquisitions, Dispositions, and Changes of Interests in a Foreign Partnership (under section 6046A)
Comment on Form 8865
Use the Comment on Tax Forms and Publications web form to provide feedback on the content of this product. Although we cannot respond individually to each comment, we do appreciate your feedback and will consider all comments submitted.
CAUTION: We cannot respond to tax-related questions submitted using this page. Instead, please see our Tax Law Questions page.
- Form 1040, U.S. Individual Income Tax Return
- Form 1042, Annual Withholding Tax Return for U.S. Source Income of Foreign Persons
- Form 1065, U.S. Return of Partnership Income
- Form 1065-B, U.S. Return of Income for Electing Large Partnerships
- Form 3468, Investment Credit
- Form 4562, Depreciation and Amortization
- Form 4797, Sales of Business Property
- Additional Related Items