Help to Obtain Current Tax Year Information - Individual (e.g., W-2, 1099, K-1, etc.)


Volunteers should encourage taxpayers to contact their employers first to obtain their missing Forms W-2's, 1099's, K-1, etc. However, when taxpayers are unable to find their employers or cannot otherwise secure copies, they can:

  • Download Form 4852, Substitute for Form W-2 (Wage and tax Statement), or Form 1099-R (Distribution from Pensions, Annuities, Retirement or Profit-sharing Plans, IRAs)
  • Obtain phone assistance through 800-829-1040. (Hours of operation are 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., Monday-Friday, your local time - except Alaska and Hawaii which are Pacific time.)