Information For...

For you and your family
Standard mileage and other information

Forms and Instructions

Individual Tax Return
Instructions for Form 1040
Request for Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) and Certification
Request for Transcript of Tax Return


Employee's Withholding Allowance Certificate
Employer's Quarterly Federal Tax Return
Employers engaged in a trade or business who pay compensation
Installment Agreement Request

Popular For Tax Pros

Amend/Fix Return
Apply for Power of Attorney
Apply for an ITIN
Rules Governing Practice before IRS

Understanding Your CP01S Notice

We received your Form 14039 or similar statement for your identity theft claim. If you're due a refund, we'll issue it when we finish processing your case. We'll contact you if we need additional time or information.

What you need to do

  • Continue to file your federal income tax returns as required by law.

You may want to

Answers to common questions

Who should I contact if I have more questions about my account related to identity theft?

The Identity Protection Specialized Unit can assist you with questions regarding identity theft related to your account. You can call them at 800-908-4490. You can also find the number on your notice. For all other tax account related questions, contact the IRS help desk at 800-829-1040.

Where can I find more information on preventing identity theft?

Tips for next year

File your return as you normally would. If we find that someone is attempting to use your Social Security number for filing a tax return, we will notify you and provide you with an identity protection personal identification number (IP PIN to use when filing your return.

Printable samples of this notice (PDF)

How to get help