Information For...

For you and your family
Standard mileage and other information

Forms and Instructions

Individual Tax Return
Instructions for Form 1040
Request for Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) and Certification
Request for Transcript of Tax Return


Employee's Withholding Allowance Certificate
Employer's Quarterly Federal Tax Return
Employers engaged in a trade or business who pay compensation
Installment Agreement Request

Popular For Tax Pros

Amend/Fix Return
Apply for Power of Attorney
Apply for an ITIN
Rules Governing Practice before IRS

Understanding Your CP60 Notice

We removed a payment erroneously applied to your account.

What you need to do

  • Review your notice as it provides the date and amount of the payment we removed.
  • Pay the amount you owe by the date stated on the notice.
  • If you can't pay the amount in full, pay as much as you can now and make payment arrangements for the remainder. Learn more about payment options such as installment payment plans or call us at 1-800-829-8374.

You may want to

Answers to common questions

Why did I receive this notice?
You received this notice because a payment was applied to your account in error.

What should I do if I believe the payment was incorrectly removed?
Mail us a copy of the proof of payment to the address on the notice.

Tips for next year

Consider filing your taxes electronically. Filing online can help you avoid mistakes and find credits and deductions that you may qualify for. In many cases you can file for free. Learn more about e-file.

Printable samples of this notice (PDF)

How to get help