What this letter is about
Your federal tax is unpaid. We asked you to pay the tax, but haven’t received your payment. We issued a notice of levy to collect your unpaid taxes.
What you need to do
- Send full payment to the address on the letter immediately to avoid further penalty and interest charges.
- Call the telephone number listed on the letter to get your total balance due.
- If you've already paid the balance or can’t pay the balance, call the telephone number listed on the letter.
You may want to
Request an appeal to the proposed levy action by following the instructions on the letter.
Frequently asked questions
What if I can’t pay the balance in full?
If you cannot pay the full amount due: Pay as much as you can now and set up an installment agreement for the remaining balance. You must be current on your filings in order to apply for an installment agreement.
Please note: You may also be subject to the Fixing America’s Surface Transportation (FAST) Act legislation see Revocation or Denial of Passport for more information
Can I appeal the balance due?
You may request a Collection Due Process hearing. See the letter for directions.
- You can authorize someone to contact the IRS on your behalf.
- See if you qualify for help from a Low Income Taxpayer Clinic.
If you can’t find what you need online, you can call the IRS at the 800, 866, or 888 number listed on the notice.