If you choose to mail your tax payment:
- Make your check, money order or cashier's check payable to U.S. Treasury.
- Please note: Do not send cash through the mail. If you prefer cash payment, see "More Information" below.
- Enter the amount using all numbers ($###.##).
- Do not use staples or paper clips to affix your payment to your voucher or return.
- Make sure your check or money order includes the following information:
- Your name and address
- Daytime phone number
- Social Security number (the SSN shown first if it's a joint return) or employer identification number
- Tax year
- Related tax form or notice number
- Mail your payment to the address listed on the notice or instructions, or consult the table below.
|What is your payment situation?|
|Paying and filing||Refer to your form instructions, or find the correct address by state or by form|
|Received a notice||Follow the payment instructions on the notice you received|
|Paying only (already filed)||
Individuals: Find where to send balance due payments
Businesses: Procedures may vary for different types of tax. Learn more
|Paying an installment||Follow the instructions on your notice, or find where to send balance due payments|
We can't accept single check or money order amounts of $100 million or more. You can submit multiple payments or make a same-day wire payment.