It generally takes five to seven business days to process your payment. Be sure to plan ahead of your due date to ensure your payment is posted timely.
Visit the Official Payments site and follow the instructions to make a cash payment with PayNearMe.
You'll receive an email from Official Payments confirming your information. The IRS will then verify your information. This process may take two to three days.
After the IRS verifies your information, PayNearMe will then send you an email with a link to your payment code and instructions. Either print the payment code at home or send it to your smart phone.
Go to the retail store listed in the PayNearMe email and ask the clerk to scan or enter your payment code. You will receive a receipt from the store after they accept your cash. This receipt is confirmation of your payment and should be kept for your records. It usually takes two business days for your payment to post to your account.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is there a fee? The cash payment option is $3.99 per payment.
- How long does it take for my payment to post? It usually takes two business days for your payment to post to your account. Be sure to make your payment in plenty of time before your due date to avoid interest and penalties.
- Is there a limit to how much I can pay? Payment limits are up to $1,000 per day. Other limits may apply.
- Does my PayNearMe Payment Code expire? Yes, Your PayNearMe Payment Code will expire in 7 days after it is emailed to you.
- Where can I make my cash payment? This cash option is available at participating retail partner locations (places like 7-Eleven) in 44 states. See a map of participating locations.
- What should I do if I received an email from the IRS about making a cash payment but have not attempted to do so? The IRS continues to remind taxpayers to watch out for email schemes. Taxpayers will only receive an email from OfficialPayments.com or PayNearMe if they have initiated the payment process. Report all unsolicited email claiming to be from the IRS or an IRS-related function to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Who do I call if I have an issue? Contact PayNearMe customer service (888-714-0004) if you have issues making your payment.