STEP ONE: Provide a request letter to IRS, including the following information:
- A brief explanation of humane purpose served by forwarding the letter
- The social security number of the recipient(s)
- The letter(s) you want forwarded
STEP TWO: Sample Letter to the IRS
Internal Revenue Service
Post Office Box 621506
Atlanta GA 30362-3006
To Whom It May Concern:
Please process this request to forward a letter.
The humane purpose served by forwarding this correspondence is [insert statement here]
Please forward this letter to:
- Name of intended recipient(s)
- Social Security Number of the recipient(s)
Enclose the letter(s) to be forwarded. Your letter(s) should include this statement:
In accordance with current policy, the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) has agreed to forward this letter because I do not have your current address. The IRS has not disclosed your address or any other tax information and has no involvement in the matter aside from forwarding the letter. Your response to this letter is completely voluntary.
Thank you for your assistance.
XXXX (Printed Name)