Tax Help in Spanish and Other Languages is Just a Click Away
IRS Summertime Tax Tip 2016-07, July 18, 2016 español
It can be hard to understand taxes. But the IRS provides many free products and services in Spanish and other languages on IRS.gov. Here are some ways that you can get help from the IRS this summer:
- Get answers 24/7. You can go to the IRS website at any time. It offers tax help in Spanish to both individuals and businesses. Help is also available in Chinese, Korean, Vietnamese and Russian.
- Use IRS e-file. If you still need to file your 2015 taxes, you should choose to e-file your tax return. IRS e-file is safe, easy and the most accurate way to file. It is available through Oct. 17. Visit IRS.gov and choose the appropriate language pull-down from the top right-hand corner.
- Get tax forms and publications. View and download several tax forms and publications. Many items are translated and available on the webpage for each language’s webpage.
- Check out IRS2Go. The free IRS app is available in English and Spanish. Use it with an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device. With IRS2Go you can:
- Get your refund status.
- Make a payment.
- Find free tax preparation assistance.
- Watch IRS YouTube videos.
- Get tax news updates.
- Follow the IRS.
- Request an interpreter. You can access oral interpreters in over 300 languages when interacting face to face or over the phone with IRS employees through the use of the OPI (over the phone interpreter services.
- Get health care tax information. The IRS website also has information about the Affordable Care Act tax provisions to educate individuals and businesses on how the health care law may affect them. You will find information about the law and its provisions, legal guidance, frequently asked questions and links to additional resources. Links to information in Spanish, Chinese, Korean, Vietnamese and Russian are available.
- Use IRS online tools. Check the status of your refund, make a payment or use the Get Transcript tool. All provide step-by-step instructions in various languages.
- Get the latest IRS news. You can get the most up-to-date IRS information in Spanish on the IRS website. Don’t forget to sign up to get Spanish tax tips by e-mail.
- Connect with the IRS on Twitter. Get the latest IRS tax news and information in Spanish through Twitter @IRSenEspanol.
IRS YouTube Videos: