Webinars for Tax Practitioners
10 Security Awareness Tips Every Practitioner Should Know (AZ, NM, TX)
Cybercriminals are targeting the tax preparation community because of the sensitive client data held by tax professionals. Tax professionals must take appropriate steps to protect their clients’ data.
This web conference will share valuable information in an easy to follow format designed to help tax professionals protect themselves and protect their clients.
Topics will include:
- Security awareness
- Data theft tactics
- Emerging scams
- Protecting client data
CE credit granted.
Registration: Visit the Internal Revenue Service Webinar Registration website. Audio will be delivered via your computer. If you are unable to connect via computer or have any questions, send an email to email@example.com.
Sponsored By: Southwest Area Stakeholder Liaison
Date: December 15, 2016
Time: 11:00 a.m. (Central), 10:00 a.m. (Mountain), 9:00 a.m. (Pacific), 12:00 p.m. (Eastern)
Tax Law Update (MA, NH, NY)
The New York Area and Western Area will host a webinar to address Tax Law updates for 2017. The SSL's will address the following topics listed below.
- IRS Future State
- Private Debt Collection
- Collection Installment Agreement
- New Sharing Economy
- Small Business Record Keeping
Registration: Contact: Brenda Luke, Phone: 212 436-1027, Email: Brend.E.Stuart-Luke4@irs.gov
Sponsored By: Internal Revenue Service
Date: January 6, 2017
Time: 1:00 p.m. (Eastern), 12:00 p.m. (Central), 11:00 a.m. (Mountain), 10:00 a.m. (Pacific)
Other Video Outreach Products
- The IRS Video Portal contains video and audio presentations on topics of interest to small businesses, individuals and tax professionals. You will find video clips of tax topics, archived versions of live panel discussions and webinars.
Continuing Education Credit
To receive a certificate of completion, you must:
- View the live presentation for at least 50 minutes from the start of the program.
- View the presentation while signed in using the same email address that you used to register (you will not receive credit by watching on someone else’s computer). This will confirm your attendance and generate your certificate of completion.
- Register individually. Groups can not register with one e-mail address and then receive separate certificates. If certificates are needed, each person must register separately. Certificates of Completion are emailed approximately three weeks after the broadcast.
If you are an enrolled agent, you must register for the webinar with your PTIN. Your PTIN begins with the letter P followed by eight digits. If you don't supply a PTIN, you will receive a certificate; however, your credit will not be reported to the IRS. Other participants will be sent a certificate and may receive credit if the broadcast meets their organization's or state's CE requirements.