- Additional Medicare Tax, When Must You Use Form 1040?
- Address change, Address Change
- Addresses of Internal Revenue Service Centers, 1040A - Additional Material
- Adoption taxpayer identification number, Adoption taxpayer identification numbers (ATINs).
- Alaska Permanent Fund dividends, Alaska Permanent Fund dividends.
- Alien, Nonresident aliens and dual-status aliens.
- Allocated tip income, Wages, Salaries, Tips, etc.
- Alternative minimum tax, Alternative minimum tax.
- Amended return, How do you amend your tax return information?
- Amount you owe, Amount You Owe
- Annuities, Pensions and Annuities
- Capital gain distributions, Capital Gain Distributions, Form 8615, Qualified Dividends and Capital Gain Tax Worksheet
- Nominee, Capital Gain Distributions
- Child and dependent care expenses, credit for, Credit for Child and Dependent Care Expenses
- Child custody, Custodial and noncustodial parents.
- Child tax credits,
Dependents and Qualifying Child for Child Tax Credit
, Additional Child Tax Credit What Is the Additional Child Tax Credit?
- Common mistakes, how to avoid, How to avoid common mistakes.
- Community property states, Community Property States
- Credit for the elderly or the disabled, Credit for the Elderly or the Disabled
- Death of a taxpayer, Death of a taxpayer.
- Death of spouse, Death of your spouse., Claiming a refund for a deceased taxpayer.
- Debt held by the public, gift to reduce, How do you make a gift to reduce debt held by the public?
- Deductions for contributions to an individual retirement arrangement (IRA), Line 17
- Dependent care benefits, Wages, Salaries, Tips, etc.
- Exemptions for,
Dependents and Qualifying Child for Child Tax Credit
- Standard deduction, Standard Deduction Worksheet for Dependents—Line 24
- Standard deduction for, Standard Deduction
- Direct deposit of refund,
- Disclosure, Privacy, and Paperwork Reduction Act Notice, Disclosure, Privacy Act, and Paperwork Reduction Act Notice
- Nominee, Ordinary Dividends, Qualified Dividends
- Ordinary dividends, Ordinary Dividends
- Qualified dividends, Qualified Dividends
- Divorced parents, Children of divorced or separated parents.
- Dual-status aliens, Nonresident aliens and dual-status aliens., Nonresident aliens and dual-status aliens.
- Earned income credit (EIC),
What is the EIC?
, EIC Table
- Combat pay, nontaxable, Combat pay, nontaxable.
- Education credits, Education Credits
- Educator expenses, Educator Expenses
- Elderly persons
- Credit for, Credit for the Elderly or the Disabled
- Standard deduction, Standard Deduction Chart for People Who Were Born Before January 2, 1952, or Were Blind—Line 24
- Standard deduction for, Line 23a
- Electronic filing (e-file), , Introduction, Line Instructions for Form 1040A, Lines 48a Through 48d, Amount You Owe
- Estimated tax payments, 2016 Estimated Tax Payments, Income tax withholding and estimated tax payments for 2017.
- Excess social security and tier 1 RRTA tax withheld, Excess social security and tier 1 railroad retirement (RRTA) tax withheld.
- Exemptions, Exemptions, Student.
- Extension of time to file, What If You Can't File on Time?, Line 46
- Filing requirements, Filing Requirements, What If You Can't File on Time?
- Filing status—which box to check, Filing Status, Qualifying Widow(er) With Dependent Child
- Foreign accounts and trusts, Foreign accounts and trusts.
- Foreign-source income, Foreign-Source Income
- Form 1040A or Form 1040?, Who Can Use Form 1040A?
- Form W-2, Wages, Salaries, Tips, etc., Missing or Incorrect Form W-2?
- Forms, how to get, Order Form for Forms and Publications
- Free File,
- Free tax help, How To Get Tax Help
- Identity theft, Secure your tax records from identity theft.
- Income, Income, Adjusted Gross Income
- Income tax withheld (federal), Federal Income Tax Withheld
- Individual retirement arrangement (IRA)
- Contributions to, Line 17
- Distributions from, IRA Distributions
- Individual taxpayer identification number, IRS Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers (ITINs) for Aliens
- Injured spouse claim, Injured spouse.
- Innocent spouse relief, Innocent spouse relief.
- Installment payments, What If You Can't Pay?
- Interest income
- Tax-exempt, Tax-Exempt Interest
- Taxable, Taxable Interest
- Interest—late payment of tax, Interest and Penalties
- Itemized deductions, What If You Can't File on Time?
- Name change, Name Change
- Name, address, and social security number, Name and Address, Nonresident Alien Spouse
- Net Investment Income Tax, When Must You Use Form 1040?
- Nonresident alien, Nonresident aliens and dual-status aliens., IRS Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers (ITINs) for Aliens, Nonresident Alien Spouse, Nonresident aliens and dual-status aliens.
- Parents, divorced or separated, Children of divorced or separated parents.
- Estimated tax, Estimated Tax Penalty, Figuring the penalty.
- Late filing, Interest and Penalties
- Late payment, Interest and Penalties
- Other, Interest and Penalties
- Pensions and annuities, Pensions and Annuities
- Phaseout of Exemptions, When Must You Use Form 1040?
- Premium tax credit, Net Premium Tax Credit
- Preparer, tax return, Third Party Designee, Paid preparer must sign your return.
- Presidential election—$3 check-off, Presidential Election Campaign Fund
- Private delivery services, Private Delivery Services
- Public debt, gift to reduce the, How do you make a gift to reduce debt held by the public?
- How to get, Order Form for Forms and Publications
- Railroad retirement benefits
- Treated as a pension, Pensions and Annuities
- Treated as social security, Social Security Benefits
- Recordkeeping, How long should records be kept?
- Refund information, Refund Information
- Refund of tax, Refund
- Refund offset, Refund offset.
- Refunds of state and local income taxes, Refunds of State or Local Income Taxes
- Resident aliens, Resident aliens.
- Retirement savings contributions credit, Retirement Savings Contributions Credit (Saver's Credit)
- Rollovers, Exception 1., Rollovers.
- Rounding off to whole dollars, Rounding Off to Whole Dollars
- Salaries, Wages, Salaries, Tips, etc., Missing or Incorrect Form W-2?
- Scholarship and fellowship grants, Wages, Salaries, Tips, etc.
- Separated parents, Children of divorced or separated parents.
- Sign your return, Sign Your Return
- Single person, Single
- Social security benefits, Social Security Benefits Worksheet—Lines 14a and 14b, Social Security Benefits, Exception.
- Social security number, Social Security Number (SSN)
- Standard deduction, Standard Deduction
- State and local income taxes, refunds of, Refunds of State or Local Income Taxes
- Student loan interest deduction, Student Loan Interest Deduction
- Tax figured by the IRS, Tax
- Tax help, How To Get Tax Help
- Tax table, Tax Table
- Tax Topics, Tax Topics
- Tax-exempt interest, Tax-Exempt Interest
- Telephone assistance
- TeleTax, Tax Information for Residents of Puerto Rico
- Third party designee, Third Party Designee
- Tip income, Wages, Salaries, Tips, etc.
- Tuition and fees, Tuition and Fees
- Wages, Wages, Salaries, Tips, etc., Missing or Incorrect Form W-2?
- What if you can't pay?, What If You Can't Pay?
- What's new, What's New
- Where to file, 1040A - Additional Material
- Who can use Form 1040A, Who Can Use Form 1040A?
- Who must use Form 1040, When Must You Use Form 1040?
- Who should file, Introduction
- Widows and widowers, qualifying, Qualifying Widow(er) With Dependent Child
- Withholding and estimated tax payments for 2014, Income tax withholding and estimated tax payments for 2017.