IRS Logo
Print - Click this link to Print this page

Form 1040NR, U.S. Nonresident Alien Income Tax Return

You may need to file Form 1040NR if you:

  • were a nonresident alien engaged in a trade or business in the United States,
  • represented a deceased person who would have had to file Form 1040NR, or
  • represented an estate or trust that had to file Form 1040NR.

Current Products

Recent Developments

Other Items You May Find Useful

All Form 1040NR Revisions

Form 1040-ES (NR), U.S. Estimated Tax for Nonresident Alien Individuals

Form 1040NR-EZ, U.S. Income Tax Return for Certain Nonresident Aliens With No Dependents

Other Current Products

Comment on Form 1040NR

Use the Comment on Tax Forms and Publications web form to provide feedback on the content of this product. Although we cannot respond individually to each comment, we do appreciate your feedback and will consider all comments submitted.

CAUTION: We cannot respond to tax-related questions submitted using this page. Instead, please see our Tax Law Questions page.

Page Last Reviewed or Updated: 12-Sep-2016