About Form 1099-SA, Distributions From an HSA, Archer MSA, or Medicare Advantage MSA


File Form 1099-SA to report distributions made from a:

  • Health savings account (HSA).
  • Archer Medical Savings Account (Archer MSA).
  • Medicare Advantage Medical Savings Account (MA MSA).

The distribution may have been paid directly to a medical service provider or to the account holder. A separate return must be filed for each plan type.

Current Revision

Recent Developments

None at this time.

Other Items You May Find Useful