Like - Click this link to Add this page to your bookmarks Share - Click this link to Share this page through email or social media Print - Click this link to Print this page
Filing Requirements, Status, Dependents, Exemptions
Top Frequently Asked Questions for Filing Requirements, Status, Dependents, Exemptions
- How much income can an unmarried dependent student make before he or she must file an income tax return?
- To qualify for head of household filing status, do I have to claim my child as a dependent?
- Is there an age limit on claiming my child as a dependent?
- My spouse and I are filing as married filing separately. We both contributed to the support of our son. Can we both claim a dependency exemption for him on our separate returns?
- Are child support payments deductible by the payer or can the payer claim a dependency exemption for the child?
- If I claim my daughter who is a full-time college student as a dependent, can she claim her own personal exemption when she files her return?
- Can a state court determine who may claim a dependency exemption for a child?
- I am divorced with one child. This year my ex-spouse, who is the noncustodial parent, will claim an exemption for our child. Do I still qualify as head of household?
- I am adopting a child and don't yet have a social security number for the child. How can I claim an exemption for the child?
- My spouse and I have provided a home for my niece and her son for the past seven months. She has no income and we provided all of her support during the year. Can I claim both her and her son as dependents?