Face-to-face Tax Help
Nearly every tax issue can now be resolved online or by phone from the convenience of your home or office. Through IRS.gov you can:
- Set up a payment plan.
- Get a transcript of your tax return.
- Make a payment.
- Check on your refund.
- Find answers to many of your tax questions.
- File your tax return on-line.
- View my account information.
All Taxpayer Assistance Centers (TACs) now operate by appointment. When calling to schedule an appointment, customer service representatives are available Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Caution: Many of our offices are located in Federal Office Buildings. These buildings may not allow visitors to bring in cell phones with camera capabilities.
Multilingual assistance is available in every office through telephone interpreters. Hours of operation are subject to change.
Before visiting your local office click on "Services Provided" in the chart below to see what services are available. Services are limited and not all services are available at every TAC office and may vary from site to site.
|City||Street Address||Days/Hours of Service||Telephone|
|Guaynabo||City View Plaza II Bldg.
48 Carr 165 km.1.2
Guaynabo, PR 00968-8000
Monday-Friday - 8:30 a.m.- 4:30 p.m.
For information on where to file your tax return please see Where to File Addresses.
The Taxpayer Advocate Service: To request Taxpayer Advocate assistance, call the Taxpayer Advocate Service toll-free number at 877-777-4778, or refer to:
- Contact a Local Taxpayer Advocate (LTA) in Caribbean US Territories (Puerto Rico & US Virgin Islands) and International
- or Contact a Local Taxpayer Advocate (LTA) in Hawaii & Pacific US Territories (Guam, American Samoa and the Northern Mariana Islands).
For further information, see Tax Topic 104.