You may receive assistance provided by an employee in a remote office using a computer monitor. It is similar to talking face to face with an employee in the office except the employee is sitting in a different location. You simply sit at the designated workstation and speak with the employee appearing on screen.
Using this technology you will be able to resolve issues such as:
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Assistance with questions about tax law changes in the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act is available year-round. See Tax Cuts and Jobs Act for more information.
- Basic tax law assistance January 2 - April 15 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return) (Tax Topics)
- Form 911,Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (tax law or account assistance only)
- Payment arrangements
- Procedural inquiries
- Solutions to tax issues
Services Not Available at this Location:
- Accept any payment (cash, check or money orders)
- Authenticate/verify taxpayer identity
- Departing alien clearance (Sailing Permits)
- Copies of tax returns and transcripts
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7, Application for IRS Individual Taxpayer Identification Number
- Pick up tax forms or order by mail
If you can’t find the help you need online, call 800-829-1040 for individual tax information or 800-829-4933 for business taxes.