Find it easy to spread the word about key income tax topics!
This page offers you electronic communication materials to use in reaching out to the people you serve. Get free news you can use each month, targeted by time of year to coincide with what your customers, employees, volunteers, etc. need to know about new tax law legislation, IRS events and other activities that affect them.
Please feel free to use these items for your websites, in electronic products, publications, etc. as needed. More items will be added each month. Submit your suggestions for topics you would like to see. Please send any feedback to us at this email address.
Subscribe now to receive email alerts when this page is updated!
Drop-in Articles - Perfect for partner publications that reach taxpayers
- Find free tax preparation services in your community
- Find out if you qualify for the Earned Income Tax Credit during EITC Awareness Day
- View your tax account online
- Start with IRS.gov when you need tax information
- Try electronic payment options if you owe taxes
- IRS Taxpayer Assistance Centers are now taking appointments
- Do you have an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number expiring in 2017?
- The IRS must hold refunds for tax returns claiming EITC or ACTC until February 15
Health Care Law Considerations
- Register now for 2017 advance monthly payments of the Health Coverage Tax Credit
- To maintain your eligibility for 2017 advance payments of the premium tax credit, you must file a tax return
- What to do if you get a 12C letter about the premium tax credit
- Failing to file 2015 tax returns will prevent advance payments in 2017
- What you need to know about Individual Shared Responsibility Payments
- Learn about new health care information Forms 1095-A, B and C
- IRS extends due dates for new 2015 health care information reporting requirements
- Use the Premium Tax Credit Change Estimator tool to estimate how your PTC will change if your income or family size changes
- The Individual Shared Responsibility Provision Payment Estimator helps estimate the ISRP payment you may owe
- Find out if your health coverage is qualifying coverage under the health care law
- Failing to file 2014 tax returns will prevent advance payments in 2016
Employee and Retirement Plans
- Leaving your job? Consider these options for your retirement plan balance
- Join your employer’s retirement plan in 2017
- Pub. 5261, ITIN Outreach Products – Please use these outreach products to help taxpayers with a need to file a federal tax return next year but whose ITIN will expire at the end of this year. They also help communicate the change in passport identification requirements for dependents.
- Interactive Tax Assistant (ITA) – Explore a new tax law resource that takes you through a series of questions and provides you with responses to tax law questions.
- IRS2Go – The official smartphone app of the IRS.
- Payments – It’s never been easier to make a tax payment.
- IRS.gov ACA Estimator page – The Taxpayer Advocate Service has developed tools for individuals and employers to assist in estimating their ACA related credits and payments.
- Pub. 5136, IRS Services Guide – to electronic IRS services. Also available in Spanish
- EITC Assistant and Versión en Español – a tool to find out eligibility for the Earned Income Tax Credit
- AMT Assistant – a tool to find out if you may need to pay Alternative Minimum Tax
- Where's My Refund? – a tool to track your refund
- IRS Free File – Join the 43 million Americans who have saved by preparing and e-filing their federal tax returns for free with Free File. Leading tax software providers make their brand-name products available for free, and several providers offer free federal and free state tax return preparation.
Audio/Video – Perfect for websites, emails, meetings and more
- IRS New Media - social media tools with the latest information on taxes, products and services.
Flyers/Brochures – Perfect for handouts, mailings and postings on boards or walls
- Publication 4604 (EN/SP), Need an IRS Form, Publication, or Instruction? It’s Easy
- Publication 5034 (EN/SP), Need to Make a Payment?
- Publication 1518A, Tax Calendar Options for Businesses and Self-Employed. Also available in Spanish
- Early Distribution Retirement Chart - A side-by-side comparison of exceptions to the additional tax on early distributions from qualified retirement plans and IRAs.
- Required Minimum Distributions for IRA Beneficiaries – A web page that shows when you must take money out of an inherited IRA.
Other Resources – Other links you may like