IRS Tax Tip 2018-114, July 25, 2018
The IRS Multimedia Center is a one-stop shop where members of the media can go to get information straight from the agency. Reporters, producers and editors will find links to a variety of resources and multimedia files to help them report the latest tax news. The IRS also has other tools such as press kits, news releases, public service advertisements, and sound bites.
Social Media – The IRS uses Twitter to tweet general information for taxpayers on @IRSnews. The agency also sends information for tax professionals over @IRStaxpros and tax information in Spanish over @IRSenEspanol. The IRS LinkedIn page posts important tax information, updates, and announcements from the IRS.
Mobile App – The IRS has IRS2Go, an app with features that allow taxpayers to:
- Get their refund status.
- Make a payment.
- Find free tax preparation assistance.
- Stay connected with the IRS.
IRS Electronic Subscriptions: Reporters can subscribe to many e-News Subscriptions, including:
- Newswire to receive news releases as they are issued by the IRS National Media Relations Office in Washington, DC.
- Tax Tips to receive tax information by email from the IRS throughout the year.
- e-News for Tax Professionals for the latest national news for the tax professional community, as well as links to resources on IRS.gov and local news and events by state.
- Outreach Corner, which is an online center that equips organizations, employers, and others with content and products for use in their own communication vehicles.