Information For...

For you and your family
Standard mileage and other information

Forms and Instructions

Individual Tax Return
Instructions for Form 1040
Request for Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) and Certification
Request for Transcript of Tax Return


Employee's Withholding Allowance Certificate
Employer's Quarterly Federal Tax Return
Employers engaged in a trade or business who pay compensation
Installment Agreement Request

Popular For Tax Pros

Amend/Fix Return
Apply for Power of Attorney
Apply for an ITIN
Rules Governing Practice before IRS

Tax Tips for August 2011

Notice: Historical Content

This is an archival or historical document and may not reflect current law, policies or procedures.

Keep Good Records Now to Reduce Tax Time Stress

Summertime Tax Tip 2011-23, August 26, 2011

Eight Tips for Taxpayers Who Receive an IRS Notice

Summertime Tax Tip 2011-22, August 24, 2011

Nine Tips for Charitable Taxpayers

Summertime Tax Tip 2011-21, August 22, 2011

Seven Tax Tips for Recently Married Taxpayers

Summertime Tax Tip 2011-20, August 19, 2011

How to Get Your Prior-Year Tax Information from the IRS

Summertime Tax Tip 2011-19, August 17, 2011

Nine Cool Reasons to visit / Espanol this Summer

Summertime Tax Tip 2011-17, August 12, 2011

Ten Tax Tips for Individuals Who Are Moving This Summer

Summertime Tax Tip 2011-16, August 10, 2011

Ten Tax Tips for Individuals Selling Their Home

Summertime Tax Tip 2011-15, August 8, 2011

Ten Tips for Taxpayers Who Owe Money to the IRS

Summertime Tax Tip 2011-14, August 5, 2011

Does the IRS Have Money Waiting For You?

Summertime Tax Tip 2011-13, August 3, 2011

Ten Facts from the IRS about Amending Your Tax Return

Summertime Tax Tip 2011-12, August 1, 2011