Information For...

For you and your family
Standard mileage and other information

Forms and Instructions

Individual Tax Return
Instructions for Form 1040
Request for Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) and Certification
Request for Transcript of Tax Return


Employee's Withholding Allowance Certificate
Employer's Quarterly Federal Tax Return
Employers engaged in a trade or business who pay compensation
Installment Agreement Request

Popular For Tax Pros

Amend/Fix Return
Apply for Power of Attorney
Apply for an ITIN
Rules Governing Practice before IRS

Tax Tips for February 2011

Notice: Historical Content

This is an archival or historical document and may not reflect current law, policies or procedures.

Four Ways to Find Free Tax Help

Tax Tip 2011-41, February 28, 2011

Checking the Status of Your Refund

Tax Tip 2011-39, February 24, 2011

Don’t be Scammed by Fake IRS Communications

Tax Tip 2011-38, February 23, 2011

Moving Soon? Let the IRS Know!

Tax Tip 2011-37, February 22, 2011

Get Credit for Your Retirement Savings Contributions

Tax Tip 2011-36, February 21, 2011

Ten Important Facts About Capital Gains and Losses

Tax Tip 2011-35, February 18, 2011

Seven Facts about the Expanded Adoption Credit

Tax Tip 2011-34, February 17, 2011

Four Facts About Bartering

Tax Tip 2011-33, February 16, 2011

Ten Facts about Free IRS Volunteer Tax Assistance

Tax Tip 2011-32, February 15, 2011

Important Tax Law Changes for 2010

Tax Tip 2011-31, February 14, 2011

Six Facts about IRS Publication 17

Tax Tip 2011-30, February 11, 2011

Why Employees and Retirees may see Changes in 2011 Payments and Withholding

Special Edition Tax Tip 2011-01, February 10, 2011

Ten Facts about the Child Tax Credit

Tax Tip 2011-29, February 10, 2011

Here is What to do If You Are Missing a W-2

Tax Tip 2011-28, February 09, 2011

Are Your Social Security Benefits Taxable?

Tax Tip 2011-26, February 07, 2011

Taxable or Non-Taxable Income?

Tax Tip 2011-25, February 04, 2011

Tax Benefits for Disabled Taxpayers

Tax Tip 2011-24, February 03, 2011

Use Your Federal Tax Refund to Buy Savings Bonds

Tax Tip 2011-22, February 01, 2011