Schedule B (Form 1040A or 1040), Interest and Ordinary Dividends
Use this schedule if any of the following applies.
- You had over $1,500 of taxable interest or ordinary dividends.
- You received interest from a seller-financed mortgage and the buyer used the property as a personal residence.
- You have accrued interest from a bond.
- You are reporting original issue discount (OID) in an amount less than the amount shown on Form 1099-OID.
- You are reducing your interest income on a bond by the amount of amortizable bond premium.
- You are claiming the exclusion of interest from series EE or I U.S. savings bonds issued after 1989.
- You received interest or ordinary dividends as a nominee.
- You had a financial interest in, or signature authority over, a financial account in a foreign country or you received a distribution from, or were a grantor of, or transferor to, a foreign trust. Part III of the schedule has questions about foreign accounts and trusts.
New Due Date for Filing FinCEN Form 114 -- 12-JAN-2017
Other Items You May Find Useful
Publication 17, Your Federal Income Tax
Publicación 17(SP), El Impuesto Federal sobre los Ingresos
Comment on Schedule B (Form 1040A or 1040)
Use the Comment on Tax Forms and Publications web form to provide feedback on the content of this product. Although we cannot respond individually to each comment, we do appreciate your feedback and will consider all comments submitted.
CAUTION: We cannot respond to tax-related questions submitted using this page. Instead, please see our Tax Law Questions page.