About Schedule C (Form 1040), Profit or Loss from Business (Sole Proprietorship)

Use Schedule C (Form 1040) to report income or loss from a business you operated or a profession you practiced as a sole proprietor. An activity qualifies as a business if:

  • Your primary purpose for engaging in the activity is for income or profit.
  • You are involved in the activity with continuity and regularity.

Current revision

Recent developments

Other items you may find useful