Pay by Check or Money Order
If you choose to mail your tax payment:
- Make your check, money order or cashier's check payable to U.S. Treasury.
- Please note: Do not send cash through the mail. If you prefer cash payment, see "More Information" below.
- Enter the amount using all numbers ($###.##).
- Do not use staples or paper clips to affix your payment to your voucher or return.
- Make sure your check or money order includes the following information:
- Your name and address
- Daytime phone number
- Social Security number (the SSN shown first if it's a joint return) or employer identification number
- Tax year
- Related tax form or notice number
- Mail your payment to the address listed on the notice or instructions, or consult the table below.
What is your payment situation?
We can't accept single check or money order amounts of $100 million or more. You can submit multiple payments or make a same-day wire payment.