IR-2014-101, Oct. 28, 2014
WASHINGTON — The Internal Revenue Service is announcing several options for Spanish speakers to get information about the tax provisions of the Affordable Care Act. Two recently issued YouTube videos feature IRS Commissioner John Koskinen: Disposición de La Responsabilidad Compartida (Individual Shared Responsibility Provision) and Crédito Tributario de Prima – Cambios en las Circunstancias (Premium Tax Credit – Changes in Circumstances).
The IRS.gov has information about the Affordable Care Act tax provisions in both English and Spanish to inform and educate the public on how the health care law may affect them. The main Spanish pages include:
- Individuals and Families — Including the premium tax credit and the individual shared responsibility provision and exemptions from that provision.
- Employers — The health care law contains many tax and other provisions for Large Employers and Small Employers.
- Health Care Tax Tips — Timely, easy-to-read tips covering 21 different topics related to the health care law.
These pages provide information about tax provisions that are now in effect and those that will go into effect in 2015 and beyond. The IRS has also developed a number of publications in Spanish currently available online.
By making its products available in Spanish, the IRS is providing relevant information about the law and its provisions, legal guidance, the latest news, frequently asked questions and links to additional resources to a significant portion of taxpayers with limited English proficiency. As many as 1 in 4 uninsured individuals who are eligible for coverage through the Health Insurance Marketplace nationwide are Hispanic.
Spanish speaking taxpayers may also wish to follow and retweet @IRSenEspanol on Twitter.
For information in Spanish about the health care provisions of the Affordable Care Act, visit CuidadoDeSalud.gov. For more information about a variety of IRS resources in Spanish on the Affordable Care Act and more visit the IRS website, IRS.gov.
- IRS Video: Crédito Tributario de Primas
- IRS Video: Crédito Tributario de Primas: Cambio en su Situación
- IRS Video: La Responsabilidad Compartida para Individuos
- IRS Publication 5120(SP), Hechos sobre el Crédito Tributario de Prima
- IRS Publication 5156(SP), Datos acerca de la Disposición de la Responsabilidad Compartida
- IRS Publication 5172(SP), Hechos Sobre Exenciones de Cobertura Médica