Special Edition Tax Tip 2011-04, July 14, 2011
The IRS is opening dozens of Taxpayer Assistance Centers throughout the country on Saturday, July 16, 2011 from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. to assist taxpayers who may have difficulty getting to an IRS office during the week.
Here are 5 reasons to visit the IRS during the upcoming Saturday Open House.
- Convenient Assistance The IRS is hosting the Saturday Open House to provide free assistance to taxpayers who have questions or need help with tax filing issues.
- Answers for Account Questions Taxpayers that have account questions, such as collection or examination issues will be able to get help during the Open House.
- Fresh Start This special event is particularly intended for people who want to make a “fresh start” by taking steps to have liens withdrawn. The IRS recently adjusted its policies concerning liens by allowing for the withdrawal of a lien when a taxpayer enters into a direct debit installment agreement.
- Payment Options Taxpayers will be able to arrange or make account payments.
- Tax Preparation Limited help preparing tax forms will also be available on a first-come, first-served basis in most locations.
No appointments are available for the Saturday Open House. Service will be provided on a first come, first served basis.
At the last two open houses, IRS personnel helped more than 16,000 taxpayers. A list of the 74 locations that will be open on Saturday, July 16 is available on the Saturday Service Locations page on www.irs.gov.