December 2 - December 6, 2019
The IRS, State Tax Agencies and the Tax Industry announced the 4th Annual National Tax Security Awareness Week, that will take place between December 2 and December 6, to again urge individual taxpayers, businesses and tax professionals to enhance their online security as identity thieves step up their efforts to steal personal and financial data ahead of the 2020 tax filing season.
- IR-2019-200, National Tax Security Awareness Week, Day 5: Tax professionals need data protection plans; must guard against identity theft
- IR-2019-198, National Tax Security Awareness Week, Day 4: IRS, Security Summit warns business owners about being targets for identity thieves
- IR-2019-196, National Tax Security Awareness Week, Day 3: Creating strong passwords can protect taxpayers from identity theft
- IR-2019-195, National Tax Security Awareness Week, Day 2: Don’t take the bait: Recognize, avoid phishing scams from identity thieves
- IR-2019-192, National Tax Security Awareness Week begins; IRS and Security Summit partner offer Cyber Monday shopping tips to protect computers, mobile phones
- IR-2019-185, Security Summit marks 4th National Tax Security Awareness Week; IRS announces new dates and partner toolkit to highlight identity theft precautions
Follow us on Twitter
- Follow @IRSnews on Twitter and look for the hashtag #TaxSecurity.
- Join the Twitter Chat on Thursday, December 5.
- Avoid Phishing Emails – English | Spanish | ASL
- Easy Steps to Protect Your Computer and Phone – English | Spanish | ASL
- IRS Commissioner Urges Taxpayers to Protect Their Data – English