Information For...

For you and your family
Standard mileage and other information

Forms and Instructions

Individual Tax Return
Instructions for Form 1040
Request for Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) and Certification
Request for Transcript of Tax Return


Employee's Withholding Allowance Certificate
Employer's Quarterly Federal Tax Return
Employers engaged in a trade or business who pay compensation
Installment Agreement Request

Popular For Tax Pros

Amend/Fix Return
Apply for Power of Attorney
Apply for an ITIN
Rules Governing Practice before IRS

Tax Tips for January 2012

Notice: Historical Content

This is an archival or historical document and may not reflect current law, policies or procedures.

What to Do If You Are Missing a W-2

Tax Tip 2012-20, January 31, 2012

Get Your Prior Years Tax Information from the IRS

Tax Tip 2012-18, January 27, 2012

Tax Tips for the Self employed

Tax Tip 2012-16, January 25, 2012

IRS Reminds Parents of Ten Tax Benefits

Tax Tip 2012-15, January 24, 2012

Four Tax Tips Regarding Tip Income

Tax Tip 2012-14, January 23, 2012

Tax Help ‘en Español’ 2012

Tax Tip 2012-12, January 19, 2012

Everyone is Eligible to Free File!

Tax Tip 2012-11, January 18, 2012

Top Tips Every Taxpayer Should Know about Identity Theft

Special Edition Tax Tip 2012-01, January 17, 2012

Don’t be Scammed by Cyber Criminals

Tax Tip 2012-08, January 12, 2012

Six Important Facts about Dependents and Exemptions

Tax Tip 2012-07, January 11, 2012

Ten Tips to Help You Choose a Tax Preparer

Tax Tip 2012-06, January 10, 2012

Top 10 Helpful Features on the IRS Website

Tax Tip 2012-05, January 9, 2012

Four Ways to Get IRS Forms and Publications

Tax Tip 2012-04, January 6, 2012

Do I Need to File a Tax Return This Year?

Tax Tip 2012-02, January 4, 2012

IRS Offers Top 10 Tax-Time Tips

Tax Tip 2012-01, January 03, 2012