Information For...

For you and your family
Standard mileage and other information

Forms and Instructions

Individual Tax Return
Instructions for Form 1040
Request for Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) and Certification
Request for Transcript of Tax Return


Employee's Withholding Allowance Certificate
Employer's Quarterly Federal Tax Return
Employers engaged in a trade or business who pay compensation
Installment Agreement Request

Popular For Tax Pros

Amend/Fix Return
Apply for Power of Attorney
Apply for an ITIN
Rules Governing Practice before IRS

Basic Tools for Tax Professionals

Information You Need to File Returns for Your Clients

Due Diligence

Confirming Payment/Credits On Tax Account

Tax Payment Alternatives

Your Responsibilities As A Tax Professional

Campus Responsibilities and Operations

Reference Materials

Representing Your Client Before the IRS After Returns Have Been Filed

IRS Collection Tools and Your Clients’ Rights

Requesting Transcripts and Other IRS Information on Clients

Criminal Investigation Division and Enforcement Initiatives

  • If you suspect or know of an individual or company that is not complying with the tax laws, you may report this fraudulent activity.
  • If you suspect that your taxpayer has provided you with false information, read Pub 3857 for information on what you can do.

Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration (TIGTA)

  • Report fraud, waste and abuse.

Frequently Used Telephone Numbers for Practitioners