If you are NOT required to file a tax return, but are filing to receive the Economic Impact Payment:
- Do Not select the Start Free File Fillable Forms Now button (below).
- Instead, visit the Non-Filers: Enter Payment Info Here tool page and select the Enter Your Information button to get started.
You Must Create a New Account Each Year
Read Before Starting
- Avoid technical problems by using a Recommended Browser.
- Make sure we fully support forms you need.
- Use the Line-by-Line Instructions page to get help with a form.
- Review the User’s Guide before you ask for Help.
- Are you using a foreign or military address?
- Free File Fillable Forms closes October 20, 2020. After October 20, 2020 you will not be able to access your account to e-File, print or review your return information. Avoid any last-minute stress. Prepare, e-File, and print your tax return right away!
- You haven't filed if the IRS rejects your return. If your return is rejected, you must correct any errors and resubmit your return before October 20, 2020.
After you submit your return, you should receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org, verifying the IRS accepted your federal return. If your corrected return is not accepted by October 20, 2020, mail in your printed copy.
Please note: our dedicated customer service staff is available Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 5:00pm.