Information For...

For you and your family
Standard mileage and other information

Forms and Instructions

Individual Tax Return
Instructions for Form 1040
Request for Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) and Certification
Request for Transcript of Tax Return


Employee's Withholding Allowance Certificate
Employer's Quarterly Federal Tax Return
Employers engaged in a trade or business who pay compensation
Installment Agreement Request

Popular For Tax Pros

Amend/Fix Return
Apply for Power of Attorney
Apply for an ITIN
Rules Governing Practice before IRS

Help for Taxpayers (ASL) - YouTube video text script

Hi, I’m Maria, and I work for the IRS.

Do you have a tax question?

If so, start with the help link at the top of the webpage.

There, you’ll find lots of useful information, whether you’re filing your tax return, checking on your refund, looking for payment options or have other tax questions.

You can also try our Interactive Tax Assistant at It's great for researching tax law, deductions, credits and income. It walks you through the process using a question-and-answer format. When you're done, you can print the results for your records.

Another online resource is the IRS Tax Map. It's ideal for searching publications and instructions by topic or keyword. Just go to

One last thing.

You may be eligible to use free tax software that will take the guesswork out of preparing and filing your tax return. It even does the calculations for you to help prevent mistakes.

Start at to select from the free brand-name software available to you.

Or use free file fillable forms if you don’t qualify for free tax software.

So, let us help you with free tax tools.

Just go to to get started.