(ASL) - YouTube video text script - Owe Taxes But Can’t Pay


Hi, I’m Thomas, and I work for the IRS.

Are you putting off filing your tax return because you owe money but can’t pay?

You shouldn’t.

The IRS can help you if you’re having trouble paying all the taxes you owe at once.

But you must take action.

Here’s what you need to do.

Before the April deadline, file either your tax return, or get an automatic six-month extension of time to file your tax return.

This will help you avoid the failure-to-file penalty.

You can even visit irs.gov/freefile and submit your extension online for free.

Next, you should pay what you can before the April deadline.

That’s because you’ll be charged interest and a penalty on whatever is left.

So you want the amount you owe to be as small as possible.

Then, check out the different payment options we offer, such as an installment agreement or an offer in compromise.

Go to IRS.gov/payments for more details.