IRS Tax Tip 2018-105, July 10, 2018
Retirement can affect someone’s tax situation. Anyone who has retired recently — or who plans to retire soon — can visit IRS.gov for information that can help them prepare for filing their taxes next year.
Here are some tools and resources for retirees, all available on IRS.gov:
- Individual Retirement Arrangement FAQs – Withdrawals
- Publication 915, Social Security and Equivalent Railroad Retirement Benefits (PDF)
- Interactive Tax Assistant: Are My Social Security or Railroad Retirement Tier I Benefits Taxable?
- Publication 575, Pension and Annuity Income
- Publication 590-B, Distributions from Individual Retirement Arrangements
- Retirement Topics: Required Minimum Distributions
- Publication 721, Tax Guide to U.S. Civil Service Retirement Benefits
- Retirement Savings Contributions Credit (Saver’s Credit)