Information For...

For you and your family
Standard mileage and other information

Forms and Instructions

Individual Tax Return
Instructions for Form 1040
Request for Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) and Certification
Request for Transcript of Tax Return


Employee's Withholding Allowance Certificate
Employer's Quarterly Federal Tax Return
Employers engaged in a trade or business who pay compensation
Installment Agreement Request

Popular For Tax Pros

Amend/Fix Return
Apply for Power of Attorney
Apply for an ITIN
Rules Governing Practice before IRS

Tax Tips for April 2011

Notice: Historical Content

This is an archival or historical document and may not reflect current law, policies or procedures.

What Happens after I File?

Tax Tip 2011-76, April 18 2011

Eight Facts on Penalties

Tax Tip 2011-74, April 14, 2011

Nine Facts on filing an Amended Return

Tax Tip 2011-72, April 12, 2011

Tips for Managing Your Tax Records

Tax Tip 2011-71, April 11, 2011

IRS Essentials – How to Find What You Need Before Tax Day

Special Edition Tax Tip 2011-02, April 8, 2011

Ten Tips for Last-Minute Filers

Tax Tip 2011-70, April 8, 2011

Three Ways to Pay Your Federal Income Tax

Tax Tip 2011-68, April 6, 2011

Ten Things to Know About Tax Refunds

Tax Tip 2011-66, April 4, 2011

Six Tips for Paying Estimated Taxes

Tax Tip 2011-65, April 1, 2011