Use IRS.gov for Everything You Need to Do Your Taxes
IRS Tax Tip 2016-05, January 25, 2016 Español
The IRS has all you need to do your taxes. Here are the best ways to get IRS products and services:
- Use IRS.gov tools and services. Get what you need 24 hours a day, 7 days a week on IRS.gov.
- Click on "Tools" on the IRS home page for helpful online tools.
- Find answers to your tax questions with the Interactive Tax Assistant and the IRS Tax Map.
- Use ’Where’s My Refund?’ to check on the status of your refund.
- Get the App: IRS2Go is the official mobile app of the IRS. Check your refund status, make a payment, find free tax preparation assistance, sign up for helpful tax tips, and more.
- Use the EITC Assistant to see if you’re eligible for the Earned Income Tax Credit.
- Print tax products by clicking on the ‘Forms and Pubs’ tab.
- Click on the ‘Payments’ tab for options to pay you tax including IRS Direct Pay.
- Get the latest news; find free tax preparation sites and more.
- E-file your tax return. More than 128 million taxpayers used IRS e-file to do their taxes last year. E-file is the safe, accurate and easier way to file your tax return. Try IRS Free File! IRS Free File is only available on IRS.gov. Go to IRS.gov and click on the ‘Filing’ tab to review your options.
- Get tax forms online. If you e-file your tax return you don't need any paper forms to mail to the IRS. If you do need a paper form, you can get it on IRS.gov/forms at any time.
- Visit IRS.gov/ACA for health care tax information. If you have any questions about the Affordable Care Act, the IRS website is your spot for answers. Find more on how the health care law affects your taxes. Get the latest ACA tax news for individuals and employees.
Each and every taxpayer has a set of fundamental rights they should be aware of when dealing with the IRS. These are your Taxpayer Bill of Rights. Explore your rights and our obligations to protect them on IRS.gov.
Additional IRS Resources:
- Publication 5136, IRS Services Guide
IRS YouTube Videos:
- Welcome to Free File – English
- Interactive Tax Assistant – English | ASL
- When Will I Get My Refund? – English | Spanish | ASL