Forms for Partnerships



Use this form to -

W-2, Wage and Tax Statement and W-3 , Transmittal of Wage and Tax Statements

Report wages, tips, and other compensation, and withheld income, social security, and Medicare taxes for employees.

W-2G, Certain Gambling Winnings (PDF)

Report gambling winnings from horse racing, dog racing, jai alai, lotteries, keno, bingo, slot machines, sweepstakes, wagering pools, poker tournaments, etc.

940, Employer's Annual Federal Unemployment (FUTA) Tax Return

Report and pay FUTA tax if your company either:

  1. Paid wages of $1,500 or more in any calendar quarter during the calendar year (or the preceding calendar year), or
  2. Had one or more employees working for your company for at least some part of a day in any 20 different weeks during the calendar year (or the preceding calendar year).

941, Employer's Quarterly Federal Tax Return


943, Employer’s Annual Federal Tax Return for Agricultural Employees

If you are an employer, you must file a quarterly Form 941 to report:

  • Wages you have paid,
  • Tips your employees have received,
  • Federal income tax you withheld,
  • Both employer’s and employee’s share of social security and Medicare taxes, and
  • Advance earned income tax credit (EIC) payments.

After you file your first Form 941, you must file a return each quarter even if you have no taxes to report.

944, Employer’s Annual Federal Tax Return

This form was designed so the smallest employers (those whose annual liability for Social Security, Medicare, and withheld federal income taxes is $1,000 or less) will file and pay these taxes only once a year instead of every quarter.

The IRS will notify those employers who will qualify to file Form 944 in February of each year.

1040 or 1040-SR, U.S. Individual Income Tax Return

See 1040 or 1040-SR Instructions (PDF)

Schedule A (Form 1040 or 1040-SR), Itemized Deductions

Use Schedule A (Form 1040 or 1040-SR) to figure your itemized deductions. In most cases, your federal income tax will be less if you take the larger of your itemized deductions or your standard deduction.

Schedule F (Form 1040 or 1040-SR), Profit or Loss from Farming

Report farm income and expenses. File it with Form 1040 or 1040-SR, 1041, 1065, or 1065-B.

Schedule SE (Form 1040 or 1040-SR), Self-Employment Tax

LLCs filing Partnership Returns

  • Generally, members of LLCs filing Partnership Returns pay self-employment tax on their share of partnership earnings.
  • There is a special rule for members who are the equivalent of limited partners. They pay self-employment tax only if the LLC pays them for services.

Use Schedule SE (Form 1040 or 1040-SR) to figure the tax due on net earnings from self-employment.

Form 1040-ES, Estimated Tax for Individuals Use this form to pay tax on income that is not subject to withholding (i.e., earnings from self-employment, rents, etc.)

1065, U.S. Return of Partnership Income

Most LLCs with more than one member file a partnership return, Form 1065. If you would rather file as a corporation, Form 8832 must be submitted. You don’t need to file a Form 8832 if you want to file as a partnership.

1096, Annual Summary and Transmittal of U.S. Information Returns

Transmit paper Forms 1099, 1098, 5498, and W-2G to the IRS.


Important: Every corporation must file Forms 1099-MISC if, in the course of its trade or business, it makes payments of rents, commissions, or other fixed or determinable income (see section 6041) totaling $600 or more to any one person during the calendar year.

Also use these returns to report amounts received as a nominee for another person. For more details, see the General Instructions for Forms 1099, 1098, 5498 (PDF) and W-2G (PDF).

Report the following:

  • Acquisitions or abandonments of secured property;
  • Proceeds from broker and barter exchange transactions;
  • Cancellation of debts;
  • Changes in corporate control and capital structure;
  • Dividends and distributions;
  • Interest payments;
  • Payments of long-term care and accelerated death benefits;
  • Miscellaneous income payments to certain fishing boat crew members, to providers of health and medical services, of rent or royalties, of nonemployee compensation, etc.;
  • Original issue discount;
  • Taxable distributions received from cooperatives;
  • Distributions from pensions, annuities, retirement or profit-sharing plans, IRAs, insurance contracts, etc.;
  • Proceeds from real estate transactions; and
  • Distributions from an HSA, Archer MSA, or Medicare Advantage MSA.

3115, Application for Change in Accounting Method

File Form 3115 to request a change in either an overall accounting method or the accounting treatment of any item.

4562, Depreciation and Amortization

Use Form 4562 to claim a deduction for depreciation or amortization, to make the section 179 election to expense certain property, and to provide information on the business/investment use of cars and other listed property.

4797, Sale of Business Property


  • The sale and exchange of:
    1. Property used in your trade or business;
    2. Depreciable and amortizable property;
    3. Oil, gas, geothermal, or other mineral properties; and
    4. Section 126 property.
  • The involuntary conversion (from other than casualty or theft) of property used in your trade or business or a transaction entered into for profit.
  • The disposition of noncapital assets (other than inventory or property held primarily for sale to customers in the ordinary course of your trade or business.)
  • The disposition of capital assets not reported on Schedule D.
  • The gain or loss ( including any related recapture) for partners and S corporation shareholders form certain section 179 property dispositions by partnerships (other than electing large partnerships) and S corporations.
  • The computation of recapture amounts under section 179 and 280F(b)(2) when the business use of section 179 or listed property decreases to 50% or less.

6252, Installment Sale Income

Generally, use Form 6252 to report income from casual sales during this tax year of real or personal property (other than inventory) if you will receive any payments in a tax year after the year of sale.

8275, Disclosure Statement

A partner must attach Form 8275, Disclosure Statement, (or other statement) to his or her return if the partner contributes property to a partnership and, within 2 years (before or after the contribution), the partnership transfers money or other consideration to the partner. For exceptions to this requirement, see section 1.707-3(c)(2) of the regulations.

8300, Report of Cash Payments Over $10,000 Received in a Trade or Business (PDF)

Report the receipt of more than $10,000 in cash or foreign currency in one transaction or a series of related transactions.

8849, Claim for Refund of Excise Taxes (PDF)

Claim a refund of certain excise taxes.

Related Topic