Exempt Organizations - Help from the IRS


You may get help with questions about tax-exempt organizations and tax-exempt status from the IRS Exempt Organizations Division (IRS.gov/eo):

IRS TE/GE Customer Service

You may direct technical and procedural questions concerning charities and other nonprofit organizations, including questions about your tax-exempt status and tax liability, to the IRS Tax Exempt and Government Entities Customer Account Services at 877-829-5500 (toll-free number).

If you prefer to write, you may write us at:

Internal Revenue Service
Exempt Organizations Determinations
P.O. Box 2508
Cincinnati, OH 45201

You may also contact the Taxpayer Advocate Service, an independent organization within the IRS that helps taxpayers resolve problems with the IRS and recommends changes that will prevent problems.

Publications and Other Resources

You may also obtain help from the following IRS publications and other resources: