The Taxpayer Advocate Service (TAS) is your voice at the IRS. We ensure you are treated fairly, and know and understand your rights. If you are having tax problems and have not been able to resolve them with the IRS, you may be eligible for free TAS help. We know this process can be confusing, but the worst thing you can do is nothing at all!
- I can't pay my taxes
- I don't have my refund
- I got a notice from the IRS
- I want to know about my rights
- I want to file for free
- I made a mistake on my taxes
- I have questions about the Earned Income Tax Credit
- I want to learn more about the Affordable Care Act
- More Issues
TAS assistance offered at local Problem Solving Days
TAS will hold events in communities throughout the country
IRS FAQs can be a trap for the unwary
Read the NTA’s recent blog on the Tax Toolkit..