On March 25, 2020, the IRS announced The People First Initiative to provide compliance relief to taxpayers experiencing COVID-19 related hardships.
This relief includes issues ranging from postponing certain payments related to Installment Agreements and Offers in Compromise to collection and limiting certain enforcement actions.
Frequently Asked Questions
- General Information
- Past-Due Tax Returns
- Balance Due and Payment Options
- Offer in Compromise
- Installment Agreements/Payment Plans
- Liens, Levies and Other Collection Activities
- Taxpayer Outreach
- Passport Certifications
- Earned Income Tax Credit Reviews
- Independent Office of Appeals
- Statute of Limitations
- Practitioner Priority Service
Where can I get more information?
- IR-2020-142, Taxpayers need to resume payments by July 15
- FS-2020-09, IRS’ People First Initiative provides compliance relief
- Tax Tip 2020-57, IRS People First Initiative provides relief to taxpayers
- Tax Tip 2020-56, IRS People First Initiative provides relief to taxpayers facing COVID-19 issues