Like - Click this link to Add this page to your bookmarks Share - Click this link to Share this page through email or social media Print - Click this link to Print this page
Finding Out How Much You Owe
If you're an individual taxpayer, you can use this tool to find out:
- Your payoff amount, updated for the current calendar day
- The balance for each tax year for which you owe
- Your balance will update no more than once every 24 hours, usually overnight.
- Once you view your balance, you can immediately choose a payment option. We recommend that you make a note of the amount before doing so.
To register for this service, you need:
- Your Social Security Number, date of birth, filing status and mailing address from latest tax return
- Access to your email account
- Your personal account number from a credit card, mortgage, home equity loan, home equity line of credit or car loan
- A mobile phone with your name on the account
View your balance
Other ways to find out how much you owe
- If you're a business, or an individual who filed a form other than 1040, you can obtain a transcript by submitting Form 4506-T, Request for Transcript of Tax Return.
- Individual taxpayers who filed a Form 1040 can request an Account Transcript. Please note that each Account Transcript only covers a single tax year, and may not show the most recent penalties, interest, changes or pending actions.
- Find more assistance.
Page Last Reviewed or Updated: 29-Nov-2016