Planned Outage: May 25-28, 2019
This service will be unavailable from approximately 8 p.m. Eastern time on Saturday, May 25, 2019, until approximately 7 a.m. Eastern time on Tuesday, May 28, 2019, due to planned maintenance. We apologize for any inconvenience.
If you're an individual taxpayer, you can use this tool to view:
- Your payoff amount, updated for the current calendar day
- The balance for each tax year for which you owe
- Up to 24 months of your payment history
- Key information from your current tax year return as originally filed.
Once you have viewed your information, you can:
- Select an electronic payment option
- Go directly to Get Transcript without having to log in again
- Your balance will update no more than once every 24 hours, usually overnight.
- Allow 1 to 3 weeks for payments to appear in the payment history.
This tool is available during the following hours:
- Monday 6:00 a.m. to Saturday 9:00 p.m. ET
- Sunday: 10:00 a.m. to midnight ET (Occasionally down additional hours for maintenance)
There are compatibility issues with some assistive technologies. Refer to the accessibility guide for help if you use a screen reader, screen magnifier or voice command software.
Notice: iOS 11, macOS 10.12, and macOS 10.13 VoiceOver users may experience difficulties when accessing this application. If this impacts you, please refer to the "Other ways to find out how much you owe" section.
Other ways to find out how much you owe
- If you're a business, or an individual who filed a form other than 1040, you can obtain a transcript by submitting Form 4506-T, Request for Transcript of Tax Return.
- Individual taxpayers who filed a Form 1040, 1040A or 1040EZ can request an Account Transcript. Please note that each Account Transcript only covers a single tax year, and may not show the most recent penalties, interest, changes or pending actions.
- Find more assistance.