Check Your Economic Impact Payment Status
Get the status of your stimulus at Economic Impact Payments. Stimulus payment info isn’t available in your tax account.
If you're an individual taxpayer, you can view:
- The amount you owe, updated for the current calendar day
- Your balance details by year
- Your payment history and any scheduled or pending payments
- Key information from your most recent tax return
- Details about your payment plan, if you have one
You can also:
- Make a payment online
- See payment plan options and request a plan via Online Payment Agreement
- Access your tax records via Get Transcript
- Your balance will update no more than once every 24 hours, usually overnight.
- Allow 1 to 3 weeks for payments to appear in the payment history.
This tool is available during the following hours:
- Monday 6:00 a.m. to Saturday 9:00 p.m. ET
- Sunday: 10:00 a.m. to midnight ET (Occasionally down additional hours for maintenance)
There are compatibility issues with some assistive technologies. Refer to the accessibility guide for help if you use a screen reader, screen magnifier or voice command software.
Notice: iOS 11, macOS 10.12, and macOS 10.13 VoiceOver users may experience difficulties when accessing this application. If this impacts you, please refer to the "Other ways to find out how much you owe" section.
Other ways to find out how much you owe
- If you're a business, or an individual who filed a form other than 1040, you can obtain a transcript by submitting Form 4506-T, Request for Transcript of Tax Return.
- Individual taxpayers who filed a Form 1040, 1040A or 1040EZ can request an Account Transcript. Please note that each Account Transcript only covers a single tax year, and may not show the most recent penalties, interest, changes or pending actions.
- Find more assistance.