Back to Tax Stats
Due to the overwhelming number of applications and other unforeseen circumstances, SOI will not be able to announce the proposals selected for the 2014 Joint Statistical Research Program until March 2, 2015. We apologize for any inconvenience this delay may cause.
With the Joint Statistical Research Program, the Statistics of Income (SOI) Division seeks to increase use of its tax microdata by researchers outside the Federal government. Researchers who apply and are selected into the program will partner with SOI staff on projects that advance the understanding of how existing taxes affect people, businesses, and the economy, and provide new understanding of taxpayer behavior that can aid in the administration of the U.S. tax system.
The 2014 call for research proposals describes the details of the program and the application process. It also includes specific topics that have been identified as especially relevant to researchers, although other topics will be considered.
2014 Call for Proposals (PDF)
Please submit your application to SIS@irs.gov.
SOI Joint Statistical Research Program, 2014 Schedule and Guidelines:
- November 19, 2014: SOI will issue a call for 2014 research proposals. Please submit your application to SIS@irs.gov.
- December 15, 2014: The deadline for research proposal applications.
- Timely proposals will be evaluated by a panel of experts and final selections will be made based on a number of factors, including resources available within SOI to support your proposed work.
- Jan. 30, 2015: SOI will announce projects selected for its 2014 Joint Statistical Research Program.
- Selected projects will be performed under a formal agreement with SOI that details the research topic and data to be analyzed, as well as the term of the project, regular reporting requirements, and any restrictions.
Back to Tax Stats