Like - Click this link to Add this page to your bookmarks Share - Click this link to Share this page through email or social media Print - Click this link to Print this page
View Your Account Balance and Payment History
If you're an individual taxpayer, you can use this tool to find out:
- Your payoff amount, updated for the current calendar day
- The balance for each tax year for which you owe
- Up to 18 months of your payment history
- Your balance will update no more than once every 24 hours, usually overnight.
- Once you view your balance, we recommend that you make a note of the amount before selecting your payment option.
- After making an electronic payment, allow at least two business days for it to appear in your payment history. (Allow two weeks if you are paying by mail.)
To register for this service, you need:
- Your Social Security Number, date of birth, filing status and mailing address from latest tax return
- Access to your email account
- Your personal account number from a credit card, mortgage, home equity loan, home equity line of credit or car loan
- A mobile phone with your name on the account
View your account
Other ways to find out how much you owe
- If you're a business, or an individual who filed a form other than 1040, you can obtain a transcript by submitting Form 4506-T, Request for Transcript of Tax Return.
- Individual taxpayers who filed a Form 1040, 1040A or 1040EZ can request an Account Transcript. Please note that each Account Transcript only covers a single tax year, and may not show the most recent penalties, interest, changes or pending actions.
- Find more assistance.
Page Last Reviewed or Updated: 06-Mar-2017